Academie Da Vinci’s Standard Student Attire Policy was established to eliminate distractions, promote a positive learning environment, and help students take the work of school seriously.
Standard Student Attire -- Dress Code
- Khaki, denim, or navy (clean, ironed, free of holes, no sequins, logos, or frays). Bottoms may be purchased from the IUiforms website . No logos, writing etc.
- Bermuda length (mid-thigh or longer) shorts or skorts, pants, capris, skirts (khaki or navy), jumpers, polo dresses. All skirts and dresses must be knee length. (Black or white leggings must be worn under skirts, jumpers, and dresses.) *Leggings may be worn under shorts and skorts if desired. No denim skirts.
- All polo shirts must be purchased from the school’s vendor IUniforms. School logo polos are required. Colors available: dark blue, red, light blue, purple and pink. Girls’ or unisex cut are both available.
- ADV dolphin logo t-shirts (purple or green) are optional. (17-18 old logo t-shirts are allowed, only if in good condition.) They are allowed on: dance days – (over leotard for girls), Fridays, and field trips or other special events as announced. ADV T shirts are strongly encouraged for field trips. If another T shirt is worn it must be plain without logos.
- Required for all middle school students (grades 6-8). Grey dolphin logo T shirts and shorts. Student change before and after PE. Grey T shirts may also be worn on Fridays and dance days. Must be purchased from iUniforms.
- Sneakers with socks must be worn at all times (except when on the dance floor). Sneakers must have laces or Velcro closures, no slip-ons are allowed.
- Dress shoes are appropriate for special occasions which will be announced. NOT ALLOWED: knee-high sneakers, sandals, platforms, flip-flops, boots, boat shoes, “Maryjane’s”, and “Heelys”.
Boys Dancewear – Black or New ADV Dolphin Logo T-shirt and black pants (must have some stretch, spandex, etc...) or black basketball shorts. Black slip-on leather jazz shoes are required.
Girls Dancewear – Short or Long Sleeved Solid Colored Leotard in Black, Light Pink, or Grape/Purple (not lavender - as supplied by the Dance Shoppe) with a pair of plain black long or capri length leggings. Pink leather or canvas ballet shoes are required (no satin slippers). Hair must be pulled securely back into a bun (preferred) or a neat ponytail. Those with hair too short to pull into a bun or ponytail should wear their hair half up/half down or wear a headband to keep hair neatly off the face.
The Dance Shoppe (727) 351-4154 400 Douglas Ave Unit C Dunedin, FL 34698