Parent Volunteer Hours:
A critical component to the success of our charter school is the family involvement and volunteerism. All families are expected to donate a minimum of 20 hours to the school each year.
There are many opportunities to volunteer for the school. including (but not limited to)
- assisting at morning/ afternoon car circle
- drive/ chaperone field trips
- helping at lunchtime
- helping in the classrooms
- helping in the Enrichment classes
- assisting with upcoming shows in Music, Dance, and Art
- preparing or working at PTA events (more than 6 are offered each year)
- completing computer data work for school, teachers, or PTA
- building/ constructing items for performances
- more as needed/ requested
Field Trip volunteers will be recruited by each teacher, as needed. The selection may be on a first-come basis, or may be by blind draw. The teacher will notify the parents/guardians of their selection for a field trip.
Reminder: Other siblings/children are NOT allowed to attend a school field trip.
Academie Da Vinci is an approved agency for providing background checks and fingerprinting through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE). A level II background screening is required for any volunteer who will drive our students or work with our students in school without direct supervision of a staff member. A background check (level I) is required for any level of volunteering. See Mrs. Joanne Warner, Office Manager, for paperwork and assistance. If you have volunteered or would like to volunteer on a field trip or in school you must go through this new process. If you have been previously approved through the Pinellas County Schools as a level II volunteer, you may continue to volunteer for up to 5 years since the date of your fingerprint.
Field Trip Permission Forms:
- School Field Trip Permission Form: Please print and complete a form for each trip your child will be attending with the class (as that trip date approaches). Send the completed form to school with your child and give it to the classroom teacher.
- Field Trip/Activities Vehicle Information Form for Vehicle Info: Required by any parent/guardian who plans to drive for a class or school field trip.