Academie Da Vinci Charter School for the Arts and Technology (ADV) in Dunedin, Florida is an A rated charter school with a student body of 364 students, K-8. ADV is seeking a full time Middle School Science Teacher (6-8). Florida certification in Science or eligibility for certification is required. The successful applicant will have strong experience with project-based learning to aid students in mastering science concepts and critical thinking skills. ADV uses Science Fusion curriculum school-wide.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches skills and competencies to middle school students.
- Follows the Science Fusion curriculum with fidelity to support students in science instruction.
- Works collaboratively with the school team to provide support for students in academic and social-emotional skills.
- Collaborates to ensure alignment of instruction and school-wide initiatives.
- Use a variety of techniques and materials to instruct and motivate students.
- Uses classroom management techniques that adhere to PBIS initiatives.
- Confers with students, parents, the principal and supportive personnel regarding the student's academic and social-emotional development.
- Applies knowledge of child growth and development.
- Maintains required records.
- Evaluates students’ achievement using backwards design of lesson plans, supported with rubrics, checklists, teacher-directed assessment, and student self-assessment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Teams with colleagues, students, families, and community organizations to support the internal school community and to provide community outreach opportunities to students.
MINIMUM qualifications: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Holds, or is eligible for, a valid regular Florida Teaching certificate for the level and subject area to be taught, Minimum of three professional references.
*Salary commensurate with experience.
Contact Person: Michèle Morgan, Principal.
Job Type: Full-time